Friday, August 12, 2011

None more stupider...


Magical Yak from Kalamazoo

This turn of a phrase produced by Rena Marie when I very first asked for three words from my Facebook friends promptly brought to mind one single image. I couldn't shake it, even though I wanted to try and fight the obvious, sometimes the obvious is the only route.

It's a little bit of that old tootsie-pop commercial, "Mr. Owl..." you know the one. I see myself happening across this magnificent, mysterious, wondrous beast, I learn that it can do something fantastic, and like a jackass, I ask a clearly mundane question. This is me. I'm smart, I know I am, I can read and write, and even write so other people can read, but that's all in the long run. I can do a little bit of stuff on the fly, but presented with a situation where I must act RIGHT NOW, I falter. The brain painfully seizes and just like as I'm typing this now, little squiggly red lines appear under all the words. This is the death of me. I like to think I'm quick witted, but that half-second of doubt is murder, and the implications it can cause can reverberate for ages (I started initial work on my novel in 2000, and dreamed the idea in 1999...what does that tell you?). Needless to say, even though I might act a dumbass in the presence of a godthing, my trivial drivel probably acts as a refreshment to them. Does anyone care where the Magical Yak came from? I'm sure he was pleased to issue that one word response.

Now, about those sunglasses...perhaps the Empirical Duck from Yellowknife knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment